What does Hakkar the Soulflayer do?
It is recommended that all the Priests in Zul Gurub must be killed before you attempt Hakkar. If they are not, they grant Hakkar their various abilities.
- Mind Control – Hakkar will periodically Mind Control the person who has aggro.
- Life Tap – Every 90 seconds Hakkar uses his lifetap / bloodtap on everyone. If you have the poison from the Son of Hakkar on you, this will drain life from Hakkar. If you do not, Hakkar will gain life from each person he drains.
- Enrage – 10 minutes into the battle, Hakkar will enter an enraged mode where he does a lot more damage. It is wise to kill him within 10 minutes.
Positioning & Pull
- The raid stands back on the wooden platform.
- The MT runs into Hakkar and tanks him where he stands. The 2nd MT then runs up to OT Hakkar, in preparation from when the MT gets Mind Controlled.
- The MT tanks Hakkar. The OT tanks Hakkar and steps in to MT when the MT becomes Mind Controlled.
- Mages sheep the person who is Mind Controlled.
- Once Mind Control finishes, the MT must be dispelled (once they have reached full health).
- Hunters pull the Sons of Hakkar up to the top of the platform, and the raid kills them every 90 seconds. Everyone (except the MT) must get poisoned by the Son of Hakkar.
- DPS must continue on Hakkar throughout the fight to ensure he is killed before the 10 minute timer. Otherwise he enrages and hits harder.
From a class point of view