What does Shazzrah do?
- Arcane AOE – Arcane area of effect that hits everyone in a 30 yard radius with damage.
- Teleport – Sharrah will teleport to a random raid member and begin his AOE. The targetted member must run straight towards the center of the room, to allow the MT to regain aggro.
- Self Buff Shield – Shazzrah has a self buff that decreases incoming damage. This can be dispelled (once detected). Mages need to cast detect magic on Shazzrah to see when he has it up, while a priest dispells for the fight. The buff looks like a Salvation icon on Shazzrah.
- Curse – A curse is cast on players that needs to be removed by Mages or Druids. The MT needs to be dispelled immediately as it increases arcane damage.
- Counterspell – A counterspell is cast on players at intervals that will prevent someone from casting the school of magic they were casting for 10 seconds.
Positioning & Pull
- The raid forms a big circle around the centre of Garr’s room, and Shazzrah gets pulled into here (just like Baron).
- You will positioned according to group. Stay with your group.
- The MT takes up position in the centre of the room. A campfire will be setup to indicate the point.
- A hunter pulls Shazzrah into the room using their pet.
- After a hunter pulls Shazzrah into the room, the MT engages immediately. The MT will keep Shazzrah in the middle of the room, with the rest of the raid around him.
- Full DPS is called after a period of time.
- This is a ranged fight. Melee do not go into the center area at all.
- Mages cast detect magic on Shazzrah and keep that on him at all times. Priests then dispell the Self Buff which reduces damage.
- Mages and druids need to decurse their group, as well as provide damage where possible.
- When Shazzrah teleports to a random person in the raid and begins the AOE, that targeted person needs to immediately run to the middle of the room towards the MT. CTRaid will show you who Shazzrah’s target is. All raid members should have the latest version of CTRaid installed.
- Greater Arcane Protection Potions are widely used during this fight.
From a class point of view