What does Garr do?
- Garr is a rock elemental that has 8 guards that protect him.
- Antimagic Pulse – Garr casts an area of effect pulse that removes buffs from players in the area. This does not include potions.
- Magma Shackles – An area of effect that slows players, reducing their movement to 40%.
- Guard Detonation – Whenever one of Garrs adds dies, they cause an area effect explosion. Melee must move out of the explosion range when the guards are about to explode. At any time, Garr can cause his guards to explode, doing an area of effect damage to any player in the vicinity of that guard.
- Combat boost – Whenever one of Garrs guards die, he receives a permanent boost to his damage and attack speed. If all of his guards die, the combined boost is significant to cause problems in dealing with him.
- Usual group setup.
- The 8 guards must be crowd controlled with warlocks and warriors.
- Each warrior needs a dedicated healer in their group.
Positioning & Pull
- The adds are assigned to each of the warriors and warlocks by using hunters marks, and priest mind vision.
- Two hunters are then assigned to pull – one on the guards, pulling them to the left and one on Garr, pulling him to the right.
- The guards are tanked by the warriors (and banished by the warlocks) away from Garr. This is to prevent the guards from blowing up the MT.
- Each of the warriors guards are taken down one by one.
- Once all the unbanished guards have been killed, the group turns to kill Garr, leaving the remaining guards banished.
- Tanks should be constantly on the banished guards, so warlocks may re-banish them with minimal delay to prevent Garr from blowing them up.
- Garr will continue shackling players to prevent movement, and removing buffs – however this must be ignored and full DPS on Garr is continued until he is dead.
- Watch when you cast spells such as Renew, Rejuvenation, Evocation and Innervate – as Garr removes these buffs as well.
- Once Garr is dead, you must then kill the remaining guards one by one.
From a class point of view