What does Gehennas do?
- Gehennas Melee – Melee attack to the MT.
- Gehennas’s Curse (Curse) – AE cureable curse from Gehennas. Fires off every 30 seconds. This curse reduces heals by 75%. Obviously, we don’t want to heal anyone with the curse so it needs to be cured.
- Shadow Bolt – Gehennas’s shadow bolt can do 2000+ damage, and he does it often. It is a huge source of his dps. He uses a random targetting system to determine who to shadow bolt. Players can be shadow bolted consecutive times, so healers need to be alert.
- Rain of Fire – Gehennas casts a targetted AE rain (looks like the warlock
version). Anyone getting rained on should immediatly run and get out of the
- Add Cleave – the Adds cleave those around them, which also stuns players in the vicinity.
- Group 1: Warrior (MT), Priest (2), Warlock, Paladin.
- Group 2: Warrior (BMT), Druid (2), Paladin, Mage.
- Group 3: Priest (2), Mage, Paladin, Mage/Druid.
- Group 4: Warrior (OT1), Priest, Paladin, Hunter. This warrior tanks the add with the Hunters Mark.
- Group 5: Warrior (OT2), Priest, Paladin, Hunter. This warrior tanks the add without the Hunters Mark.
- Group 6-8: Remaining players, with mages and druids spread out.
Positioning & Pull
- Group 1, 2 & 3 are positioned up near the pylons (see picture above). Group 1, 2 & 3 act as their own separate unit tanking Gehennas until the adds are killed, and the rest of the raid join them.
- Groups 4-8 are to the left, with one of the adds marked with a Hunters Mark.
- A Paladin runs forward and engages Gehennas. The Paladin pulls Gehennas to the MT and then bubbles.
- Group 4 & 5 Hunters pull the adds with distracting shots to the relevant warriors in the group.
- Group 4-8 remain at the raid position until the Adds are killed.
- The MT tanks Gehennas out of LOS of the rest of the raid, in the middle of the room as indicated. The rest of the raid remain behind the pylon while killing the Adds. This protects the rest of the raid against the magic and rain of fire while they kill the two adds.
- The MA will select an add (OT2’s add first), and the group will take down that add.
- When complete, move immediately onto the second add.
- Mages should be decursing as required. The Curse should be kept off the MT at all times. A druid or mage is assigned the sole task of cleansing the MT and their group.
- Once both of the adds are killed, the raid will then move up and attack Gehennas. Healers must heal the group, as random players will be shadow bolted.
- Mages/druids decurse constantly during this phase. Decursive will help, but learn to go without it. They must first decurse/demagic their own group and then anyone else they see who is cursed.
- If your health is low, step back out of the fight and bandage.
- If you are caught in Gehennas’ Rain of Fire you must move out of the area as quickly as possible. Moving left or right is the quickest way to get out of the fire.
From a class point of view
Group 4 & 5:
Group 1 ,2 & 3:
Group 1, 2 & 3:
Group 1 & 3:
Group 4 & 5:
Group 1 & 2: