What does Hexxar do?
- Physical Attack – An attack which will hit for 1,000 crushing, and as little as 400. If the MT isn’t taking a lot of damage, they can change into a 2H weapon.
- Teleportation – Jin’do will teleport a random player into the pit of rapidly respawning skeletons. These mobs will respawn every few seconds after death. The best way to deal with these skeletons is to kill them repeatedly when needed.
- Brainwash Totem – Totem when dropped mind controls a random player through the use of a large green beam coming from the top of the totem to the person in question. While the target of the Brainwash seems to be somewhat proximity based, he will never brainwash the person with the most aggro (which should be the MT). Healing totems have around 1,000 health, Brainwash totems havea bout 3,500 health.
- Healing Totem – This totem when dropped will heal him for roughly 1,000 life a second.
- Dellusions of Jin’do (Curse) – This is a weak shadow-based curse. Whenever this DoT is cast, a Shade of Jin’do will spawn and the person with the curse will now be able to see and kill the Shade. Mages / Druids are NOT to dispell this curse from players.
- Hex (Magic) – Changes the target into a frog, who then wanders aimlessly.
Positioning & Pull
- A high DPS class (such as a Hunter or Rogue) pulls Hexxer. Hexxer will often curse them within a few seconds.
- Hexxer is tanked close to the pit so that those teleported into the skeleton pit can rejoin the fight asap.
- Two mages are assigned to clear the skeleton pit whenever anyone is ported into the pit.
- Healers and casters stand near Hexxer in a group, so the melee DPS can easily switch between Hexxer, Totems and Shades when needed.
- The MT tanks Hexxer and is the only one who does not kill Shades when they are cursed.
- Destroying the shades if you are cursed should be the top priority. You can use as many DoTs on Shades as possible.
- If you are not cursed, and are DPS, you should be killing any totems when they pop up. A macro to target these totems is recommended.
/cast [DPS here”>
This macro will ensure that the Healing totems are removed first, and the mindcontrol totems second.
- If there are no totems, and you are not cursed, DPS on Hexxer.
- DoTs should also be placed on Hexxer and kept up throughout the fight.
- DPS Order: Shade (if cursed), Healing Totem, Brainwash Totem, Hexxer
From a class point of view